Progressive Minds

Blogging live, from somewhere in the reality-based community. Speaking truth to power. You've entered the real "no spin zone." Republicans beware!

2005/12/14

"Heck of a Good Job"- Part 2

@ 07:32 PM (105 months, 23 days ago)

So Bushie says that Defense Secretary Donald Rumseld has done a "heck of a good job" and he has no plans to replace him.  "End of my term is a long time, but I tell you, he's done a heck of a good job, and I have no intention of changing him."

Hmmm..Bushie, are you talking about the same Rumsfeld who told the Senate Armed Services Committee in September 2002 that "we know" where the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq are.

The same Rumseld who, on the eve of the Iraq war, let the Pentagon give our military leaders on the ground in Iraq a slide presentation on post-war planning that said "To Be Provided."

Bush Backs Rumsfeld, DeLay in Interview

Comment(s) »

1. I just have to ask what are you going to do when you run out of cute nicknames for Bush?

Comment by — 2005/12/15 @ 12:41 AM — (Reply)

2. They'll never run out of names - the combinations of BushHitlerChimpyMcCokespoon are endless.:mrgreen:

Comment by Ralph Wiggum— 2005/12/15 @ 12:46 AM — (Reply)

3. Really, all kidding aside, it is extremely disrespectful for you to refer to the President of the United States in that fashion. Obviously they didn't teach you in school what everyone else learns in high school civics, so I will educate you. It is proper manners to call him President Bush, even after he leaves office.

Comment by Grey Ghost— 2005/12/15 @ 08:29 AM — (Reply)

4. George Bush isn't deserving of my respect.

He has done absolutely nothing to earn my respect since day one.

I respect the Office of the President; I don't necessarily have to have respect for the person (a human being just like you and me) who holds the office.

And I don't need lessons in respecting the President from any Republican.

Republicans have called President Bill Clinton every name in the book, except a child of God.

And they did that to his family as well.

Where was your outrage at Rush Limbaugh's disrespect for a 13-year old Chelsea Clinton? Shortly after President Clinton took office in 1993, Rush Limbaugh was on his television show, and announced that the First Family (the Clintons) had a new White House dog. He then proceeded to hold up a picture of Chelsea.

John McCain was once at a Republican fundraiser. And he said "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father."

So the Republicans had no respect for President Clinton or his teenage daughter.

I certainly don't need any lessons in respecting George Bush, who has never earned my respect in the first place.

Comment by SMillard— 2005/12/15 @ 06:32 PM — (Reply)

5. What's more, I notice that all the Freepers trolling this blog have one thing in common: you don't know how to address the real issues of the day. Because you are not prepared to.

The topic of this thread is about Donald Rumsfeld's incompetence as Defense Secy; yet, you choose to focus on me calling Bush "Junior."

Where is the discussion about the fact that in September 2002, Rumseld told the Senate Armed Services Committee "we know where the weapons are."

What about the fact that the Pentagon and the White House gave our military leaders on the ground slides to review, on the eve of the Iraq war.

When the military leaders got to the slide about post-war planning, it said "To Be Provided."

Comment by SMillard— 2005/12/15 @ 06:35 PM — (Reply)

6. Off subject from the real point of this thread here, which is Donald Rumsfeld.

But it seems some Freepers, who obviously don't live in the reality-based community, doubt that Rush Limbaugh ever called Chelsea Clinton a White House Dog.

Chelsea catches the public's eye
    First daughter has changed in 4 years
    By Nicole Piscopo, Cox News Service
    When the public first saw Chelsea Clinton, she was smack in the middle of that awkward stage -- shy and gawky in puffy-sleeved little-girl dresses, her mouth full of braces and her body carrying some baby fat.
    Most people kindly ignored the pre-teen. But not everybody.
    Rush Limbaugh -- in a jab that caused a collective cringe among conservatives and liberals alike -- referred to then-12-year-old Chelsea as "the White House dog."

And several references to John McCain's joke that the reason Chelsea Clinton was so ugly, was b/c Janet Reno is her father:

Now back to the real subject of this thread..Donald Rumsfeld's incompetence.

Comment by SMillard— 2005/12/15 @ 11:19 PM — (Reply)

7. For those that need a car, that extra expense can change out to be greater than
    they bargained for justin timberlake vip tickets price having
    good credit can occasionally take away the deposit completely as the companies lending the service
    have confidence with your ability to pay.

Comment by justin timberlake vip tickets price— 2014/05/01 @ 09:16 AM — (Reply)

8. Right here is the perfect webpage for anybody who really wants to understand this
    topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will nneed to…HaHa).

You definitely put a brand new soin on a topioc which has been discussed for many years.
    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

Comment by เกมส์ไฮโล— 2014/05/14 @ 02:59 AM — (Reply)

9. Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and
    I am waiting for your next write ups thank you once again.

Comment by Stargames Casino— 2014/05/15 @ 06:15 PM — (Reply)

10. You have a very good point of view here.Garcinia Cambogia originated from a herb located
    throughout India, Asia and Indonesia and used found
    in Ayurvedic medicines. This vegetable appearance is definitely
    yellow and pumpkin shaped. The best common term for this plant
    is certainly Gambooge. In Asia or throughout different pieces of the world, this herb is
    utilised to preserve various meals as perfectly as a preparation for certain food
    items delicancy.

Comment by research verified garcinia cambogia— 2014/05/19 @ 01:42 PM — (Reply)

11. This is a topic that is near to my heart...

Best wishes! Where are your contact details though?

Comment by bodog thai— 2014/05/21 @ 06:52 AM — (Reply)

12. certainly like your web site however you have to take a look at
    the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them
    are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality on the other
    hand I will surely come again again.

Comment by svetaines nuoroda— 2014/05/24 @ 02:51 AM — (Reply)

13. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to
    be really something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and very broad for me. I\'m looking forward for your next post, I\'ll try to get the hang of it!

Comment by hay day cheats— 2014/05/25 @ 01:16 AM — (Reply)

14. This can be a great opportunity for you to
    get the word out there and let people know what your business, services and products are all about.
    Take every e-mail as an opportunity to promote your Face
    - Book web page. If you are networking how do you know that
    your strategy is effective.

Comment by http://www.unomatch.com/— 2014/05/30 @ 10:16 AM — (Reply)

15. Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?

I\'m kinda paranoid about losing everything I\'ve worked hard on.
    Any suggestions?

Comment by house Party presentable— 2014/06/21 @ 09:07 AM — (Reply)

16. Amazing! Its in fact awesome post, I have got much clear idea about from this
    article.

Comment by lunatik promo code— 2014/07/09 @ 05:29 AM — (Reply)

17. Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was
    extremely long) so I guess I\'ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I\'m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I\'m still new to
    the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for novice blog writers?
    I\'d really appreciate it.

Comment by http://rozinas.Ktownall.net— 2014/07/19 @ 03:10 AM — (Reply)

18. Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this technological world all is existing on web?

Comment by Pest Management Professional— 2014/07/19 @ 02:27 PM — (Reply)

19. I was more than happy to uncover this web site. I need to too thank you for ones time
    due to this fantasttic read!! I definitely enjoyed every part off it and i also
    ave you book-marked to chexk out new stuff on your web site.

Comment by Best anabolic Steroid for mass— 2014/07/22 @ 07:42 AM — (Reply)

20. cheap authentic michael kors the presidents NSA task compel
    produces its actual specifications. of which, next season, authentic michael kors factory while try it a lttle bit speedier, and just not more measured!
    in cases where cheap authentic michael kors handbags foremost Dauphin at the moment
    provides 95 college students enrolled by working with CAOLA.
    our own http://www.ketubahkraft.com/sig/cheap-authentic-michael-kors-purses especially the
    city\'s unfavorable just who depend on the TTC simply because

Comment by cheap michael kors Handbags— 2014/08/10 @ 09:42 AM — (Reply)

21. Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
    twitter group? There\'s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Many thanks

Comment by http://perguntas.cnbc.org.br/26545/the-factors-that-make-up-the-finest-hgh-supplement— 2014/08/14 @ 12:58 PM — (Reply)

22. Hey there! I know this is sort of off-topic however I had
    to ask. Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a large amount of work?
    I\'m brand new to blogging but I do write in my diary on a daily basis.
    I\'d like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience
    and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers.

Thankyou!

Comment by Elden— 2014/08/17 @ 05:25 AM — (Reply)

23. For most up-to-date information you have to visit the web and on the web I found this web site as
    a finest web page for hottest updates.

Comment by Deshistoiredesexe.Com— 2014/08/20 @ 04:09 AM — (Reply)

24. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

Comment by local pest Control prices— 2014/08/20 @ 01:53 PM — (Reply)

:mrgreen: :neutral: :twisted: :arrow: :shock: :smile: :???: :cool: :evil: :grin: :idea: :oops: :razz: :roll: :wink: :cry: :eek: :lol: :mad: :sad: :!: :?:

Preview:

You say:

To prevent spam, please type in the exact word you see in this image: CAPTCHA
To refresh the image, click here. Otherwise, contact us.

• Your E-mail address is never displayed. If you enter it, it will only be visible to the blog author
  • Since there already are comments to this post, your eventual comment might trigger a notification e-mail to the persons that commented before you.
  • The line and paragraph breaks automatically